Saturday, November 12, 2011

What Is Your Make-Up Application Regimen?


I am always fascinated with how makeup is applied to different people's faces. Mainly because every application is different. Different cosmetics are used for that individual and application is ever changing due to preference. I think my own regimen is kind of boring honestly, but it works for me and I make the best out of it, so I can't complain. But anyway, I'm curious as to what your makeup application regimen is and I'd like to share mine with you.
 (Pictures are in order to how I apply.)
Step One: Moisturize and Prime
I have combination-oily skin and so I use two different moisturizers to take care of the different areas on my face. My T-zone is where I'm more oily so I use Clean & Clear's Dual Action Moisturizing Lotion to help with whatever pimples or breakouts my skin dares to have. Then I use Estee Lauder's Day Wear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Lotion (Whew! that's a mouthful) on the rest of my skin. I then prep with Milk of Magnesia, usually applying sparingly on my T-zone where I'm most likely to get oily throughout my day.
(Milk of Magnesia works great for matting down the shine that comes with oily skin as well as absorbing oil due to the magnesium hydroxide. Another nice thing about it: it's CHEAP! You can find it at any drugstore. You can check out my blog about using Milk of Magnesia as a primer at:http://chaselovemakeupartistry.blogspot.com/2010/09/facial-primers-at-dr...)
Step Two: Eye Shadow Primer and Eyeshadow
I usually apply my primer and eye shadow first due to preference, but however you choose to do it works just fine. I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion because I've found that it's the only eye primer that works well enough to keep my eye shadow on my eyes and keeps it from creasing. I have oily lids as well and it is NO BUENO seeing your eye shadow become all gunky in your crease.
The quad is a customized MAC pallet I created using my "Go-To" neutral shadows for those days I don't feel like using my brain to figure out which eye shadow to use for the day.
(Shadows in quad going clockwise are MAC's "Naked Lunch", "Embark", "Print" and "Cork".)
Step Three: Foundation
I use a concealer from Covergirl (I forget what line though) in "Light" under my eyes to hide the dark circles that I have and then using a foundation brush I apply my foundation (MAC's Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 in NC40). Then using a duo fiber brush I blend my whole face into my hair line and under my jaw line.










Step Four: Setting My Foundation
I use my duo fiber brush to apply my powder (MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish in "Medium Deep" or "Dark" depending on the season.)






Step Five: Applying Blush
One of my favorite pallets is the customized MAC blush pallet I created in order to condense my pressed blush collection and free up some room in my train case. It has all of the colors I usually use and I also love looking at it. Something about it makes me :-)
(Blushes starting from top left to right: "Springsheen", "Sunbasque", and "Breezy"
Bottom left to right: "Fever", "Her Blooming Cheek" and "Dollymix".

The picture really doesn't do the blushes any justice. *sad face*)
Step Six: Setting My Powder
I set my powder with MAC's Studio Fix+ so I don't have that dry look that powder tends to give me sometimes. I also use the Fix+ as a mixing medium when I want to use my pigments wet.

Step Seven: Moisturize Lips
When I'm not wearing lipstick, I'm usually wearing chap stick or lip balm. I'm not really picky about what I use but the one I'm using at the moment is from an independent company I buy pigments from.









(You can check out her awesome products at: http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/MaddStyle/0/0/173914)

Step Eight/Nine (Optional): Eyeliner and Mascara
These steps are optional for me. Sometimes I don't really want to wear eyeliner or mascara but on the days that I do, I usually wear MAC's Fluidline in "Blacktrack" and for mascara I usually apply two separate coats of two different mascaras, just to give me some length and volume. I've tried many different mascaras but I really, REALLY love Benefit's BADgal Lash. I don't really like Maybelline's Falsies Mascara by itself since it tends to clump but using it as a second coat over the BADgal lash works well.










So yes, this is what I wear on any given day that I've decided to actually do my makeup. It seems like a lot when I look at it in writing but I've done this so many times, I've gotten it down to 30 minutes.
As I said, my makeup application may be different from many others, but again, it's all preference. Hope you enjoyed this post. :-)
What are your favorite products? How do you apply your makeup? I want to know!!!!
Here are some links to different companies that I shop with.

No comments:

Post a Comment