Friday, November 11, 2011

Almay's Purple Amethyst Mascara Review


So I bought a mascara made by Almay, called "Purple Amethyst". It's part of their line that's supposed to enhance the color of your eyes.
I tried it and I have to say that it's only so-so for me. I'm not extremely impressed by it. I have short lashes and the description on the packaging says it's supposed to volumize and lengthen. My lashes still look short, just with mascara on. And I don't know if it's my make up and the colors I used, but you can hardly tell I have purple mascara on.
Also, the little thing on the inside of the opening of the mascara tube that pulls off the excess mascara (sorry, don't know the name of it, LOL) ends up pulling off too much so you're only left with the mascara brush rather than the actual mascara.
So this product might okay for those lovely women with the long lashes, and not looking for too much color (although that was the point in buying this mascara), but if you're looking for something to brighten and lengthen and volumize as promised, you're better off sticking with Benefit or Urban Decay which are the mascaras I use when I want to thicken and lengthen my lashes.


No comments:

Post a Comment