Wednesday, June 2, 2010

*Update On Competition *

So I got the results of my contest entry. I placed second in the creative make up department. I should be happy, but the truth of the matter is... I'm a little bummed. My competition was awesome, no doubt. (They did a full face Avatar look.) And they won.

All I can say is that it's a bit ironic that I wrote a blog about not giving up and keeping on with the keep on, even when rejection is the outcome. And to be honest, my initial reaction was... "Dang... (insert sad face here.)"

I don't mean to sound like a poor sport (though I probably do), but I know that many people have probably felt the same way I do when they put a whole lot of effort into something only to get shot down. But that's what this industry is. Competition and the drive to be the best. I can only be the best with what i know and what I've been given.

I know i won't mope for long though. I'll simply congratulate the winners, prepare for the next one and move on. This is just a little bump in the road to success. I just gotta brush it off and keep moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment