Saturday, May 8, 2010

Passion Stirs Drive, Love Stirs Perseverance

so most of my friends already know this...

I want to be a Make Up Artist. :) i can do hair for the most part, but i truly, truly want to be a makeup artist. my friends and classmates always ask if i want to become a platform artist, or tell me i should move to LA or NY... one has even suggested i start my own make up line. that would be SOOOOOO cool...

but...

i've always felt like I'm a hometown kinda girl. i'm not disregarding the possibility to moving somewhere different and moving up in the MUA world. but i just think that right now, home is where i'd be best to stay... for now.

my dream to become a MUA was something that kinda fell into my lap. and it has really only been a couple years since i really immersed myself into making this a career. it started with playing with eyeshadows and being invited to make up groups. then it went to trying out different looks and posting in group forums or watching YouTube tutorials (btw, Kandee Johnson, you ARE inspiring!!!). then doing some of my friends make up, to doing other people's make up, and now doing photoshoots and brides and other gigs. its all taking off so fast for me that it's overwhelming! but i'm loving every minute of this fast paced journey!

no one has really asked me why i wanted to become a MUA. but i've always known deep inside why i did... my personal "mission statement" is to make everyday, ordinary women feel beautiful, sexy and confident. it amazes me everytime i get done doing someones face, the transformation, not only in their appearance, but in their confidence level as well. women want to feel beautiful, and it's so fulfilling to bring that happy smile to their face when i help them achieve that simple goal...

:) <----- i love that i can make someone do that with a small brush stroke or a pretty pallet.

but yes... i guess this will be the start of my journey. things i've learned, things i experience, things i love... i can't wait to see where this road takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment