Wednesday, May 19, 2010

At A Crossroads...

So I'm at a point in my education (i'm in Cosmetology, for those of you who don't know) and I've discovered a disturbing fact... I HATE cutting hair. I have absolutely no talent or passion in it. There are so many technicalities, angles, procedures... GRRR!!! it's enough to make your eyes cross. it's like mathmatics to me... which i aslo hated and sucked at. another thing i hate about Cosmetology... NAILS! i can do a manicure and a pedicure okay. hell, i can even do a spa pedi if you want one. but acrylics, gels, nail tips... any of those requirinf false nails... DO NOT LIKE and CANNOT STAND them! it only makes me feel bad that i can't do nails nicely enough that a client would want to wear them proudly. *sigh*

now for those who DO know... I am a free lance MUA. and it is my PASSION! all my best ideas where any type of creativity is involved has to do with make up. i get excited when i hear there is a competition and it allows me to express myself in my farvorite artform. i honestly know that i can see myself in this career for the rest of my life.

now the crossroads...

i'm trying to figure out whether i should switch from Cosmetology to Esthetics (the study of the face and make up). i figure skin goes hand in hand with make up so... pretty easy choice, right? wrong.

i'm hesitant to switch from Cosmo to Esthi for a few simple/complicated reasons.

1. i'm already 5 months into Cosmetology with 8 more months to go

2. i've put my family on hold so that i can pursue this dream of mine to go into the beauty industry.

3. i'm worried about what this might do to us financially.

i feel like i'm in a bind. trying to figure out the right way to go about this.

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggghhhh* oh the things i have to think about. we'll see what the outcome of my decision is within a week. that's the time limit i'm giving myself... *sigh* yes. we shall have to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment